Code Changes (transparent to end-users)
Pagination – Identified and corrected a bug causing unpublished pages to appear in pagination.
Design Changes (look and feel)
Notifications– Formerly the “Alert Bar”, Notifications now appear in a light gray bar above the global navigation created using the “Notification” category. Only the most recent post tagged with “Notification” will display in the notifications bar.
Travel Advisories – Formerly “Travel Alert”, the new Travel Advisory feature will automatically appear on all English language websites on the Home Page and U.S. Citizen Services sections. The bar will slide in from the top, stay active for 3 seconds then slide out. The visitor will be able to re-open the message if they choose.
Safety & Security Messages – Local Security messages should now be exclusively tagged with the “Alert” category. The “Emergency & Security Messages” category should no longer be used. See “Transitioning to Alerts” for detailed instructions on how to begin using the “Alert” Category for these messages.
Photo Captions – Featured Image captions will now display on posts and pages. Captions are limited to 300 characters. Please note that linking is not permitted in captions. This functionality was corrected in some templates where it was available previously.
NOTE: CAPTIONS PULLED FROM REMOTE MEDIA LIBRARIES THAT ARE OVER 300 CHARACTERS WILL CUT OFF AFTER THE 300TH CHARACTER. USERS MAY MANUALLY EDIT THE CAPTION ONCE THE IMAGE HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE PAGE OR POST.
Shortcode – Featured Image – Users now have the ability to hide a featured image when creating a shortcode by using the new checkbox on the right of the create shortcode screen.
NOTE: HIDING THE FEATURED IMAGE IS RECOMMENDED WHEN EMBEDDING VIDEO.
Locations Blurb – Page Template – The locations blurb template is used to list multiple Embassy related locations with a general description, addresses and embedded maps. Please look for our follow-up message next week on implementing this new feature.
NOTE: THIS PAGE IS LIMITED TO 20 LOCATIONS.
Instructions for New Functionality
Locations Blurb – Page Template
- Enter the page title in the TITLE field.
- Add an overall description for the page using the TEXT EDITOR.
- For each location:
- Enter the name of the location in the HEADLINE field.
- Enter the Google Map embed link in the MAP OEDMBED field. (Follow instructions above field to acquire proper embed link).
- Enter the address of the location.
- Enter descriptive link text in the BUTTON TEXT field.
- Enter a link to more information on the location in the BUTTON LINK field.
- If additional locations are desired, Click the ADD NEW LOCATION button.
Transitioning To Alerts
Here are some actions that need to be taken at Post. Of course, if you require assistance with any of the following items, we encourage you to reach out to the 24/7/365 help desk at email@example.com so that they can assist:
- Navigate to the ALL POSTS page in the Dashboard and Search for “Alert”.
- Do this by Locating the category drop-down field at the top of the page and Selecting “Alert”.
- Click FILTER.
- Use the QUICK EDIT feature to remove the ALERT category from each post.
- Select all Posts and use the bulk edit feature to add the NOTIFICATION category.