Code Changes (transparent to end-users)
- News & Events Menu – Identified and corrected a bug causing a display issue in the News & Events dropdown
- Facebook Video Slider – Identified and corrected a bug causing Facebook videos embedded in slideshow to be muted by
- Featured Image Captions – Identified and corrected a bug causing Featured Image captions to continue displaying when “Hide Featured Image” is selected on
Design Changes (look and feel)
- Alerts and Messages – As directed by Consular Affairs, the “Safety and Security Messages” page has been updated to “Alerts and Messages” and references to “Local Security Messages” have been updated to “Alerts”
Alerts and Messages Page with Alerts subsection
- Notification Bar Expiration – Users now have the ability to set a Notification to expire at a specific date/time.
NOTE: ONLY THE GRAY EXPIRATION BAR WILL EXPIRE, THE POST ITSELF WILL NOT BE DEACTIVATED.
Instructions for New Functionality
Notification Bar Expiration
- Set a Notification Message to appear in the header of the
- From post edit mode, Select YES under NOTIFICATION MESSAGE – TURN ON?
- Enter text in the NOTIFICATION TITLE and NOTIFICATION DESCRIPTION text
NOTE: NOTIFICATION TITLE HAS A 40 CHARACTER LIMIT AND NOTIFICATION DESCRIPTION HAS A 70 CHARACTER LIMIT.
- If desired, edit the READ MORE hyperlink
- If desired, set an EXPIRATION date using BUTTON and DATE PICKER.
NOTE: ONLY THE GRAY NOTIFICATION BAR WILL EXPIRE, THE POST ITSELF WILL NOT BE DEACTIVATED. NOTE: EXPIRATION WILL BE ACTIVATED WITHIN 15 MINUTES AFTER SET TIME.
- Click PUBLISH or UPDATE.
NOTE: ENGLISH NOTIFICATIONS OPERATE INDEPENDENTLY FROM LANGUAGE NOTIFICATIONS.