Q: How do I request edit access for the mission website?
A: All users must request a WordPress login through the MyData site on OpenNet. The form required for MWP 1.0 and MWP 2.0 is the DS-4304. When filling out the form, users will need to:
- Select an authorizing official: this official should be the Public Affairs Officer or the Primary Webmaster for post.
- Add a note in the Special Comments field: “MWP 1.0 Editing Access” OR “MWP 2.0 Editing Access” as relevant.
The workflow in MyData is automated; once the form has all the required approvals, it will be sent to the GPA Digital Help Desk to generate your credentials.
Q: How do we log into the mission website?
A: The Mission Website Platform (MWP) uses two-factor authentication. This means that each user must log in through OKTA, and then log into the individual WordPress site.
After submitting the DS-4304 request form (see instructions above), the GPA Digital Help Desk will provide credentials and steps to login:
- Open your Okta account and log in: https://state.okta.com/app/UserHome
- Then, open the URL sent by the WB Team: https://xx.usembassy.gov/wp-admin/
- Choose to LOGIN WITH OPENID CONNECT (OKTA)
For further information about OKTA, call the ITSC directly at 202-647-2000, or email Itservicecenter@state.gov.