Q: How can I request edit access for the mission website?
A: To request edit access for websites hosted on either MWP 1.0 or MWP 2.0, users need to request a WordPress login through mMyData on OpenNet and submit form DS-4304. Here are the steps to follow when filling out the form:
- Select an authorizing official, either the Public Affairs Officer or the Primary Webmaster at post.
- Under the Website Name dropdown list, select “embassy.gov”.
- Provide the embassy website URL.
- Choose either “MWP 1.0” or “MWP 2.0”.
- Select “Request User Access”.
Once the form has all the necessary approvals, the workflow in MyData is automated, and it will be sent to the GPA Digital Help Desk to generate user credentials. The approval process takes approximately 24 hours.
Q: How do I log in to the mission website?
A: To log in to the Mission Website Platform (MWP), which uses two-factor authentication, users need to log in through OKTA and then log in to the individual WordPress site. After submitting the DS-4304 request form, the GPA Digital Help Desk will provide the necessary credentials and login steps. Here’s what to do:
- Log into your OKTA account
- Open the edit URL sent by the WB Team. For example, https://xx.usembassy.gov/wp-admin/
- Choose to “LOGIN WITH OPENID CONNECT (OKTA)”.
For further information about OKTA, users can call the ITSC directly at 202-647-2000 or email Itservicecenter@state.gov.