To Create a NEW Short Code:
- Use the Left Navigation Menu to open SHORTCODES > ADD NEW.
- Create a title for the Shortcode.
- Enter the content that should appear.
- Use checkbox to hide or display featured image.
NOTE: HIDING THE FEATURED IMAGE WHEN EMBEDDING VIDEO IS RECOMMENDED
- Click PUBLISH.
- In the STATUS BAR (located in the lower left of the browser) & In the URL STATUS BAR (located in the top of the browser) Identify the Post # for the Shortcode.
(the text below show should steps numbered)1-3 ( I couldn’t change )
- Navigate to SHORTCODES > ALL SHORTCODES.
- Mouse-over the title of the short code created.
- In the STATUS BAR of the browser, (located in the lower left of the browser)Identify the Post # for the Shortcode.
To Use SHORTCODE
- Navigate to the page or post where the content should be placed and Open in EDIT.
- If not do so already, Select Custom Sidebar (YES)
- Scroll down to SHORTCODES (listed in alphabetical order)
- Click SHORTCODES either 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 from list of SIDEBARS
- Scroll up to SIDEBAR ELEMENTS
- Click on the Tab below for SHORTCODES X
- Enter heading of Shortcode into SHORTCODE HEADINGS 1 field.
- In the CONTENT field of the page or a TEXT BOX, Enter the following Shortcode:
a. Enter in this format: post-content id=#### (Must be in brackets)
b. Replace the #### with the Post ID Number.
Example of Post ID In URL
No posts could be found that matched the specified criteria.
- Update or Publish the Page/Post.
- The Shortcode content should display.
Note: If you need to make any changes, you must make them in the original SHORTCODE (the one in ALL SHORTCODES) for the changes to be applied. Reload the page to see updated content