Before creating the first Post, we recommend that editors set their screen options for the Add New Post screen. This is done by clicking the “Screen Options” tab in the top right corner of the screen.
The recommended configuration is to enable the following:
1. Categories – Enables the editor to choose a category for the Post.
2. Tags – Enables the editor to choose or create a tag for the Post.
3. Featured Image – Allows the editor to select a featured image for the Post.
4. Author – Allows the editor to set the Author for the Post.
5. Yoast SEO – Allows the editor to enhance the SEO for the Post.
- Unless the editor is familiar with the concept of Slugs, it is not necessary to display this field; WordPress will automatically generate a slug.
- Screen Layout can be set to the user’s preference. A two-column display typically works best.
- We recommend leaving the last option “Enable full-height editor and distraction free functionality” selected.
Note: All elements on the page can be re-ordered by using drag and drop. For example, users can drag the expiration section to display directly under the publish section.