PDF forms may be uploaded to the WordPress Media Library for use within the site. All PDF forms must contain an OMB number and expiration date.
Additional guidelines for PDF forms
- Whenever possible, link to the original form at its origin site. Some examples of these forms and their sites are:
- Passport Forms: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/apply.html
- Additional ACS Forms: http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/c21447.htm
- Visa Forms: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/forms.html
- Grant Forms: http://apply07.grants.gov/apply/forms/sample/SF424_2_1-V2.1.pdf
- Employment Form: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/136408.pdf
- All PDF forms should open in a new browser tab or window
- Users may create translations of selected forms in the local language:
- Translations must be exact duplicates of the English form, including the OMB number and expiration
- Users may not add or delete any fields in translated versions of
It is important to note that all unique PDF forms require a review and may need approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) before they may be implemented.
Online forms are supported in the Mission Website Platform. To request implementation of an online form, e-mail the 24/7/365 help desk at: email@example.com. It is important to note that all form requests require a review and may need approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) before they may be implemented.
Online form requests must include the following information:
- The form desired, in a word document, noting all desired fields.
- Location/section where the form will reside in the site.
- A confirmation message that appears once the form is submitted.
- The e-mail that the submissions will go to. This must be a state.gov e-mail (@ssa.gov for Social Security forms)